FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
1. WHAT ARE THE CHECK-IN/ CHECKOUT TIMES FOR OVERNIGHT LODGERS?
Check in after 3:00 p.m. and check out by 11:00 a.m.
2. I’M COMING TO LUMERIA ON RETREAT AS AN OVERNIGHT LODGING RETREAT PARTICIPANT. WHAT SHOULD I BRING TO LUMERIA MAUI?
Don’t forget to pack: camera/batteries/charger, sneakers/hiking shoes, a long sleeve shirt, pants, and a light sweater for evenings, as the weather can be cooler at night, hat, flip flops, shorts, t-shirt, bathing suit, sun block, insect repellent, and water bottle.
3 . DO YOU PROVIDE TRANSPORTATION TO AND FROM
THE AIRPORT FOR OVERNIGHT LODGERS?
We do not provide transportation to and from the airport. Taxis from the airport to Lumeria Maui are approximately $35.00.
4. DO I NEED TO RENT A CAR?
We highly recommend renting a car if you want to explore all that Maui has to offer. Taxis charge a $25.00 surcharge in addition to meter fees to do pickups at Lumeria. We suggest Dollar (866)4342226 or Hertz (808)8935200 at the Kahului airport.
5. HOW FAR IS IT FROM LUMERIA TO THE BEACH?
A favorite among locals, Baldwin Beach is the closest and most accessible beach at approximately 4.2 miles from Lumeria Maui.
6. DO YOU PROVIDE BEACH TOWELS FOR OVERNIGHT LODGERS?
Yes, we provide beach and pool towels.
7. ARE ANY WALKS OR HIKES NEARBY?
Yes, there are many beautiful walks and hikes for all skill levels from 10 minutes to 45 minutes driving distance from the Lumeria Maui.
8. IS THERE WIFI?
Wireless internet is available at no cost and can be accessed via personal laptops and mobile devices.
9. WHAT HAPPENS WITH LOST OR UNRETURNED KEYS FROM OVERNIGHT LODGING ROOMS?
Lumeria Maui charges $50 for lost or unreturned room keys.
10. IS LUMERIA MAUI KID FRIENDLY ?
Lumeria Maui invites you to our unique and peaceful educational retreat center. We work hard to maintain a private and quiet environment for community students, retreat participants visitors. Please be conscious and considerate of students, individual and group retreat participants when considering whether or not to bring children on your retreat. Some of our overnight lodgers prefer to be in silence as much as possible while on retreat. Children in need of play and creative expression would not find Lumeria Maui to be the best fit.
11. HOW MUCH SHOULD I TIP?
The standard tip is 20%; however, it is up to you according to your satisfaction with our guest services.
12. WHAT IS THE WEATHER LIKE ON MAUI?
Hawaii is sunny and enjoyable all year round. For up to the minute weather information, please visit: https://www.hawaiiweathertoday.com/maui.php
13. IS SMOKING PERMITTED AT LUMERIA MAUI?
We are a smoke-free facility.
14. WHAT FORMS OF PAYMENT DO YOU ACCEPT AT LUMERIA MAUI?
We accept all major credit cards and cash.
15. IS LUMERIA MAUI DOG FRIENDLY?
We only allow service dogs on the property.