IMPORTANT (COVID-19) TRAVEL UPDATE
On March 21, 2020, State of Hawaii Governor David Ige issued a “stay in place” policy and mandatory 14-day quarantine for visitors and returning residents arriving in Hawaii. Visitors must self-quarantine in their visitor accommodation for 14 days or until the end of their stay, whichever is shorter. The quarantine limits the use of any public spaces, including but not limited to pools, meeting rooms, yoga studios or restaurants.
The 14-day quarantine for domestic and international visitors, as well as for Hawaii residents returning from the mainland US or abroad, has been extended through the month of September, 2020.
If you have an arrival date scheduled for on or after the start of the quarantine, it is our recommendation that you postpone your trip until the mandate is lifted.
Should you choose to arrive any time between now and September 30, 2020 you must adhere to the 14-day quarantine which Lumeria Maui must uphold and we must require you to produce your plans for food delivery. View the full quarantine requirement and additional helpful information at hawaiicovid19.com.
Contactless Yet Mindful
Lumeria Maui is a beautiful escape, a retreat to serve those seeking experiential learning and wellness in a peaceful setting, immersed in the beauty of Upcountry Maui. When travel is able to resume without restriction, we’ll continue to serve you in the best ways we know how—including rigorous cleaning and safety protocols—so you can sleep well, and rest assured.
Safe & Sound: Our New Protocols
We’re staying up-to-date and going above and beyond the guidance from the World Health Organization (WHO), the Centers for Disease Control (CDC), and state and local health officials to ensure the safety of our retreat lodgers and team, including:
- Increasing frequency of cleaning using an EPA-approved hospital-grade disinfectants on all high-touch surfaces and areas.
- Training our staff on comprehensive COVID-19 protocols, detailing protection against the transmission of the virus and procedures in the case of a suspected or confirmed case.
- Requiring protective masks and other equipment to be worn by our team members, students, visitors and overnight lodgers, and placing hand sanitizer stations throughout our retreat spaces.
Your Check-In/Check-Out Experience
- We are providing contactless Check-In and Express Check-out.
- Room keys are sanitized between retreat guest parties.
Your Guest Room Experience
- Sleep well and rest assured. We’ve cleaned all surfaces thoroughly with EPA-approved hospital-grade disinfectants, including extra disinfection of frequently touched areas, including light switches, door handles, and thermostats.
- Implementing a minimum of 72 hours of elapsed time between occupied rooms.
- Distancing our guests from one another: only allowing a minimum number of occupied guest rooms at any time.
- Once it’s clean, it’s yours. We’ll provide housekeeping for guest rooms only when requested: guests must communicate with us via email, phone call or text and we will deliver amenities as needed outside retreat guest doors once a day in the afternoon. We will only be able to offer delivery of replacement towels, linen and our standard amenities.
- Minimal stuff, maximum you-time. We’ve removed all non-essential items from guest rooms (i.e. paper, pens).
Your Pool Experience
- Our Swimming pool/spa areas are closed until further notice.
Your Wellness Spa Experience
- Wellness Spa is closed until further notice.
Your Dining Experience
- Our restaurant is closed until further notice.
- All in-person daily classes are temporarily suspended until further notice. We will email those staying with us links to daily virtual classes to join from your room using your cellphone, laptop or tablet, and your room will be equipped with a yoga mat and props.
Our Flexible Cancellation Policy
- For existing individual retreat bookings*, if your travel plans change through September 30, 2020, you’ll receive a credit to return within one year of your original travel date. Any change to the original booking must occur 24 hours prior to arrival. The updated reservation must occur within 1 year of the original travel dates and needs to be reserved directly through Lumeria Maui..
- For new reservations, make changes or cancel your reservation up to 24 hours before check in to receive a full refund or travel credit.
- Please note, our flexible cancellation policies are good for guests who book direct with us.
- For guests who booked via online travel agencies or through third parties will need to contact their booking provider for their policies and for assistance.
*Offer valid for individual retreat bookings only; not applicable to contracted group retreat bookings.
- Please visit the Maui Visitors and Convention Bureau Special Alerts page for the most recent updates on closures and availability around the island.
We’ll stay informed, so you can feel good about staying with us.
We will continue to update protocols as new information and technology becomes available. We’re committed to doing all that we can to ensure you’ll rest assured and sleep well.
If you have questions about COVID-19, please visit the CDC website.
We look forward to welcoming you to the new Lumeria Maui experience. We can’t wait to see you again.